We are delighted to be actively engaged with the active school’s flag. This program allows our learners to engage in physical activity and sports in a range of different ways. Each individual learner has their own interests and talents when it comes to physical exercise, and the active school’s flag helps us to nurture and develop these skills.
Their are three parts to the program:
- Part 1 – Physical Education
- Part 2 – Physical Activity
- Part 3 – Partnerships
We share our Active Schools fun and personal achievements on Twitter and on our notice board in the school hall.
Our physical education curriculum is divided into six strands: Every class engaged with
- Outdoor and adventure activities
Due to Covid 19 we haven’t attended our local swimming pool. Previously we attended Ennis pool each Monday afternoon with Senior classes and Junior classes going alternate weeks.
Our active school, where physical activity is valued, promoted and enjoyed by all.
We are proud to have a physically active school community.
Aims of the physical education curriculum
- to promote the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of the child
- to develop positive personal qualities
- to help in the acquisition of an appropriate range of movement skills in a variety of contexts
- to promote understanding of the various aspects of movement
- to assist development of individual fine motor skills and gross motor skills
- to develop the body as an instrument of expression and creativity
- to promote the enjoyment of, and positive attitudes toward physical activity
- preparing the child for the active and purposeful use of leisure time