The Pieta Amber Flag Initiative recognises the individual efforts of primary and secondary schools to create healthy, inclusive environments that support mental well-being. Working together toward a happier, healthier Ireland and eradicating the stigmas associated with mental health issues.
In order to promote positive mental health and well-being at St. Clare’s School, we actively take part in the Amber Flag Initiative. This involves the whole school community coming together in order to create a safe, positive and healthy attitude towards our general physical and mental health and well-being
Activities in existence in the school that promote an ethos of Positive Mental Health ;
- Mindful Monday: Encourages students to take some time to focus on the present.
- Gratitude Journal: Creates an atmosphere of focusing on what is positive.
- Expressive art: Attractive children’s art displayed in the school environment.
- Music: Listening to reflective and regulating music.
- Games: Inclusion in individual and team sports for fun.
- Positive School Environment with aspirational and encouraging quotes.
- Working together in class teams to support each other.
- Individual classroom activities for creating a positive school environment including mindfulness.
- Focusing on what we can do and encouraging everyone to strive for their personal best.
We are proud to have achieved our Amber Schools Flag. Thank you to all who work in Pieta House for everything you do to help
people with mental health difficulties.